Install Qmmp (Audio Player) 0.9.7 & 1.0.6 on Linux
Qmmp is a Free, open-source, cross-platform multimedia audio player which was written in C++ with the help of the Qt library. The user interface is similar to winamp. It is the only audio player not using any database that uses the Qt library. Qmmp is support wide range of audio format such MPEG1 layer 2/3, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Opus, Native FLAC/Ogg FLAC, Musepack & WavePack. The latest version of QMMP 1.0.6 & 0.9.7 released on January 27, 2016.
Features of QMMP
- XMMS and Winamp 2.x skins supports
- alternative user interface based on standard widgets set
- 10-band equalizer
- MP3, Vorbis, AAC, AAC+ streams support
- MMS support (experimental)
- MPRIS (1.0 and 2.0)
- removable device detection (via HAL or UDisks)
- video playback via Mplayer
- lyrics (using lyrics.wikia.com)
- cover art
- CUE sheet support
- embedded CUE support (for FLAC and WavPack)
- multiple playlists
- automatic charset detection for cue files and ShoutCast metadata
- playlist formats: m3u, pls, xspf
- ReplayGain support
- Last.fm/Libre.fm scrobbler
- CDDB support
- stream browser
- audio formats conveter
- external programs execution on track change
- ReplayGain scanner
- Qmmp Features & supported formats
1) Install Qmmp in Ubuntu/Linux Mint
Just add the below PPA to install latest version of Qmmp 1.0.5 to Ubuntu and Derivatives system. This guide will suitable for Ubuntu 15.10, 15.04, 4.10 & 14.04, Linux Mint 17.2, Linux Mint 17.1, Linux Mint 17.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:forkotov02/ppa $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install qmmp qmmp-plugin-pack # To remove Qmmp # $ sudo apt-get remove qmmp qmmp-plugin-pack
2) Install QMMP in Fedora
We can install QMMP in Fedora system directly from Fedora Repo (You will get bit older version).
# Install QMMP to Fedora 21 and older system # $ sudo yum install qmmp # Install QMMP to Fedora 22 and later system # $ sudo dnf install qmmp
3) Install QMMP in CentOS/RHEL/ScientificLinux
We can install QMMP in CentOS/RHEL/ScientificLinux system by enabling EPEL Repository.
$ sudo yum install qmmp
4) Install QMMP in openSUSE
We can install QMMP in openSUSE system by enabling Packman Repository.
$ sudo zypper install qmmp