phpMyAdmin is a free opensource software which helps user to manage/administrate of MySQL database in Web which was writen in PHP. It supports wide range of operations on MySQL, MariaDB. Frequently used operations (managing databases, tables, columns, relations, indexes, users, permissions, etc) can be performed via the user interface. The latest version of phpMyAdmin 4.5.5 released on February 22, 2016.
- Web based Interface
- Most of MySQL features are supported
- Browse/create/modify/Drop databases, tables
- Execute & Edit SOL-statement
- Manage MySQL users and privileges
- Manage stored procedures and triggers
- Import/Export data from CSV and SQL
- Export data to various formats such as CSV, SQL, XML, PDF, etc,..
- Administering multiple servers
- For more details about Features, visit phpMyAdmin official Features page
1) Check Current phpMyAdmin Version
See the below screen shots, it was clearly shows I’m using older version of phpMyAdmin 3.4.11
2) Download Latest version of phpMyAdmin
Use the below command to download the latest version of phpMyAdmin into /opt or /usr/src directory
# wget https://files.phpmyadmin.net/phpMyAdmin/4.5.5/phpMyAdmin-4.5.5-all-languages.zip # unzip phpMyAdmin-4.5.5-all-languages.zip
Pages: 1 2
6 Comments on “How to install and upgrade phpMyAdmin latest version on Linux”
First of all thank you so much for you for this document, its works for me I have updated phpMyAdmin Version information: 22.214.171.124 to Version information: 4.6.3 .
But I got 2 error
1. mysqli_real_connect(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50547 Library:50632
2. The configuration file now needs a secret passphrase (blowfish_secret).
Any Suggestion ?
nice descripton . Thanks a lot!!!
I was looking to change session logout time of my phpmyadmin and found urs helpful for needed solution and to upgrade my phpmyadmin. Thanks a lot.
Open the below file and include the line as per your requirement.
# nano /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php
$cfg[‘LoginCookieValidity’] = your_new_timeout;