Install EasyTAG 2.4.2 (graphical & ID3 tag editor) on Linux
EasyTAG is a free, open-source software and simple application for viewing and editing tags in graphical & ID3 tag editor. It supports all kind of audio formats such as MP3, MP2, MP4/AAC, FLAC, Ogg Opus, Ogg Speex, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack, Monkey’s Audio, and WavPack files. Currently support Linux and Windows platform. UI designed using GTK+ which makes tagging easier. The latest version of EasyTAG 2.4.2 released on February 21, 2016.
- View, edit, write tags to MP3, MP2, MP4/AAC, FLAC, Ogg Opus, Ogg Speex, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack, Monkey’s Audio, and WavPack files
- Can edit more tag fields: title, artist, album, disc number, year, track number, comment, composer, original
- Auto tagging: filename and directory to automatically complete the fields (masks)
- Ability to rename files and directories from the tag (using masks) or by loading a text file
- Process selected files of the selected directory
- Ability to browse subdirectories
- Recursion for tagging, removing, renaming, saving
- Auto completion of the date if a partial one is entered
- Undo and redo last changes
- For all features
1) Install EasyTAG in Mint/Ubuntu/Elementary
We can install EasyTAG latest version to Ubuntu/ Mint/ Elementary system using PPA.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:amigadave/ppa $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install easytag
2) Install EasyTAG in Debian based systems
We can install EasyTAG to Debian based systems directly from official Repository which was included by default.
$ sudo apt-get install easytag
3) Install EasyTAG in Fedora/CentOS/RHEL
We can install EasyTAG to Fedora from fedora official repo. For CentOS/RHEL systems we need to enable EPEL Repository.
# For RHEL/CentOS & Fedora 21 and older systems # # yum install easytag # For RHEL/CentOS & Fedora 21 and later systems # # dnf install easytag
4) Install EasyTAG in openSUSE
We can install EasyTAG to openSUSE systems from openSUSE official Repository.
# yum install easytag