There are lot of performance improvements, Zorin Connect (Android sync notifications), New desktop theme, Touch Layout functions, Flatpak support, New System font and many improvements included in this release.
we had already wrote a detailed article about Zorin 15 release. Navigate to the below article to see what’s new in Zorin OS 15.
Zorin OS comes with four variants such as
Core, Lite, Education & Ultimate which will built with different requirements.
This is the best suitable OS for beginners who are migrating from Windows to Linux Environment.
Lite & Education based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Core & Ultimate based on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS.
- Core : Zorin OS Core bundle with all the essential features you need from your computer
- Lite : Zorin OS Lite bundle with most essential features of Zorin OS into a lightweight package that runs fast on even the oldest and lowest-spec machines.
- Education : Zorin OS Education helps prepare students with the skills they need to understand the world of today, and build their world of tomorrow.
- Ultimate : Zorin OS Ultimate lets you unleash the full potential of your computer. If you’re into business, multimedia or gaming you can rely on the vast array of software in Zorin OS Ultimate to get what you need done, also included Zorin Premium software & Support. It ships all the tools needed to run your business. You will find a wealth of software including apps for accounting, bookkeeping, database, retail, word processing, spreadsheets, Zorin Premium software & Support.
1) How To Create a Live USB?
Navigate to the corresponding url to create a live USB disk to install OS.
For Linux user:
- Create a bootable USB with Linux ISO image using dd command
- Create a bootable USB with Linux ISO image using Etcher Application
- Create a bootable USB with Linux ISO image using BootISO Shell Script
For Windows user:
2) Boot Your Computer with Zorin OS 15 installation media
It gives you multiple options for Zorin OS 15 installation. I would suggest you to go with default option. I mean to say 1’st option.
3) Select Zorin OS installation
4) Select the Basic Requirements
5) Choose Your Installation Method
6) Date & Time Selection
7) Personalize your installation
8) Installation is in Progress
9) Installation is Completed
It will warn you when you hitting the “restart now” button. It says, “remove installation media, then hit ENTER”. By default, it will be removed automatically so, you need to worry about it. Simply hit
Enter to proceed on this.
10) Zorin OS login screen
11) Zorin OS home screen
12) How To Check Zorin OS Installed Version?
Zorin OS is a good choice for beginners who are migrating from Windows to Linux.