DeaDBeeF is a Free, open-source alternative and ultimate audio player for Linux and written in C and C++ with chiose of GTK2 & GTK2. It support wide range of audio format such as mp3, ogg vorbis, flac, ape, wv/iso.wv, wav, m4a/mp3 (aac and alac), mpc, tta, cd audio, etc…DeaDBeef is availabe for Android too. It consuming low memory footprint and many plugins with extra features. The latest version of DeaDBeeF 0.7.0 released on January 31, 2016. Alternatively you can install other Audio Players such as QMMP, Quodlibet, Lollypop, Nuvola Player, Audacious & Clementine.
- mp3, ogg vorbis, flac, ape, wv/iso.wv, wav, m4a/mp3 (aac and alac), mpc, tta, cd audio, and many more
- nsf, ay, vtx, vgm/vgz, spc and many other popular chiptune formats
- SID with HVSC song length database support for sid
- tracker modules – mod, s3m, it, xm, etc
- unicode tags are fully supported as well (both utf8 and ucs2)
- cuesheet (.cue files) support, including charset detection/conversion
- clean fast GUI using GTK2 and GTK3, you pick what you like more!
- no GNOME or KDE dependencies
- minimization to system tray, with scrollwheel volume control, etc
- drag and drop, both in playlist, and from other apps
- control playback from command line, for More Feature
1) Install DeaDBeef on Debian Systems
We can easily install DeaDBeef through DEB file which is available from their website.
$ wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/deadbeef/files/debian/deadbeef-static_0.7.0-1_amd64.deb $ sudo dpkg -i deadbeef-static_0.7.0-1_amd64.deb
2) Install DeaDBeef on Ubuntu/mint via PPA
We can easily install DeaDBeef via PPA on Ubuntu & Mint Systems.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:starws-box/deadbeef-player $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install deadbeef
3) Install DeaDBeeF on Fedora
We can install DeaDBeeF on Fedora system by installing PostInstallerF Repository.
# wget -c -P /etc/yum.repos.d/ https://raw.github.com/kuboosoft/postinstallerf/master/postinstallerf.repo # dnf -y install postinstallerf # dnf install deadbeef
4) Install DeaDBeeF on openSUSE
We can install DeaDBeeF on Fedora system by enabling Packman Repository.
# zypper in deadbeef
5) Install DeaDBeef from Source
For other distribution we can easily install from source. Just download the DeaDBeeF archive file and extract it.
# http://sourceforge.net/projects/deadbeef/files/deadbeef-static_0.7.0-1_x86_64.tar.bz2 # tar -xjvf deadbeef-static_0.7.0-1_x86_64.tar.bz2 # ./deadbeef