Brackets 1.5 (Text Editor) Released with Instant Search improvement
What’s new in Brackets 1.5
- Fold Selected Text: Select any text block in the editor and fold markers will appear to collapse the selected text.
- Instant Search (Improved Stability and Performance): Major stability and performance improvements. Find in Files can now index and search robustly in thousands of files instantly.
- CSS Code Hints in PHP: CSS code hints are now available for style elements inside PHP files.
- Remember Collapsed Linters: Remember collapsed state of linters on switching files.
- Improve JS Code Hints performance in minified files: JS Code Hints now perform more efficiently with minified
- Resolve Brackets freezing/crashing on windows on reload: Fixed the crash when reloading Brackets through “Debug Reload With Extensions” menu
- El Capitan Fixes: Fixed full-screen bugs with Brackets on El Capitan.
- Brackets 1.5 Release notes
- Brackets Home page
1) Install Brackets in Ubuntu/Linux Mint
Just add the below PPA to install latest version of Brackets 1.5 to Ubuntu and Derivatives system. This guide will suitable for Ubuntu 15.10, 15.04, 4.10 & 14.04, Linux Mint 17.2, Linux Mint 17.1, Linux Mint 17.
# Add Brackets PPA to Ubuntu/Linux Mint # [email protected]:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/brackets # Update repository index # [email protected]:~$ sudo apt-get update # Install Brackets to Ubuntu/Linux Mint # [email protected]:~$ sudo apt-get install brackets # To remove Brackets # [email protected]:~$ sudo apt-get remove brackets
2) Install Brackets in Debian
For Debian we need to install using deb file. This guide will suitable for Debian 7.0 Wheezy, Debian 8.0 Jessie, Debian 8.1 Jessie, Debian 8.2 Jessie.
# Install gdebi package # [email protected]:~$ sudo apt-get install gdebi # Downloading Brackets 32-bit deb package # [email protected]:~$ wget https://github.com/adobe/brackets/releases/download/release-1.5/Brackets.Release.1.5.32-bit.deb # Install Brackets 32-bit package # [email protected]:~$ sudo gdebi Brackets.Release.1.5.32-bit.deb # Downloading Brackets 64-bit deb package # [email protected]:~$ wget https://github.com/adobe/brackets/releases/download/release-1.5/Brackets.Release.1.5.64-bit.deb # Install Brackets 64-bit package # [email protected]:~$ sudo gdebi Brackets.Release.1.5.64-bit.deb # To remove Brackets # [email protected]:~$ sudo apt-get remove brackets
2) Install Brackets On CentOS & Fedora
We can install brackets on CentOS & Fedora Systems through
[For CentOS 7 & Fedora 21] # yum install yum-plugin-copr # yum copr enable jgillich/brackets # yum update # yum install brackets [Fedora 22 & later] # dnf install dnf-plugin-copr # dnf copr enable jgillich/brackets # dnf update # dnf install brackets