Linux Lite 2.4 Release notes & Upgrade steps
Linux Lite is fully functional out of the box, which was designed who are new to Linux or for people who want a lightweight environment for desktop and laptop. Linux Lite project proudly announced the general availability of Linux Lite 2.4, on March 31, 2015. Linux Lite is based on ubuntu distribution. This is the third release to Linux Lite 2.x series. In this release they added support for exFAT, Android MTPFS, VPN connections, Bluetooth and NTP.
What’s new in Linux Lite 2.4
- Kernel 3.13.0-24
- Firefox 36.0.4
- LibreOffice 184.108.40.206
- Whisker Menu
- New Lite Software – Menu, System, Lite Software (formerly Install Additional Software and Remove Additional Software).
- New Lite Tweaks (formerly Lite Cleaner).
- New Install Updates.
- New Network Share Settings – Menu, System, Network Share Settings.
- New Wallpapers.
- New Terminal theme.
- Added support for: VPN connections, Thunar thumbnail previews, Mugshot, exFAT, NTP, LVM, Android MTPFS, Bluetooth.
- Added: Reboot, Shutdown options to Live media. Live media now also defaults straight to the Menu.
- Fixed: Disk encryption during installation now works.
- Fixed Backups popping up randomly.
- Fixed syslog, auth.log not logging.
- Latest WhiskerMenu.
- Latest version of the Help Manual.
- Latest Lite Welcome.
- Windows key (Super key) opens the Menu.
- Disabled Screen Off and Screensaver.
- Removed obsolete PPA’s.
- Linux Lite 2.4 release notes
Note : 1) Don’t forget to take backup of your important/valuable data. If something goes wrong we will install freshly and restore the data.
2) Upgrade will take time based on your internet connection
Linux Lite 2.4 Download link
- Download Linux Lite 2.4 32-bit ISO
- Download Linux Lite 2.4 32-bit torrent
- Download Linux Lite 2.4 64-bit ISO
- Download Linux Lite 2.4 64-bit torrent
How to Upgrade Linux Lite to latest version
Use the below commands to upgrade your system from Linux Lite 2.x to .4.
# Update repository list # [email protected]:~$ sudo apt-get update # Install Linux Lite series upgrade package # [email protected]:~$ sudo apt-get install lite-upgrade-series2 -y
Checking current version of Linux Lite. Menu >> ALL >> System Information >> Summary.
Navigate to Lite Upgrade package.
Linux Lite upgrade utility.
Updating package information.
Upgrade complted, then reboot.
Now, I’m in latest version.