Fedora 22 release notes
Fedora project team released Fedora 22 on May 26th 2015 and there is no project code name. From Fedora 21 onwords they have released the product as three major category, like Fedora cloud, Fedora Server and Fedora workstation which will give more and more effective, In this article I’m going to show what’s new in fedora 22. The major release of Fedora 22 comes with kernel 4.0 and DNF features.
What is new in Fedora 22
- Kernel 4.0
- Yum replaced by DNF
- Fedora Spins offer alternative desktop environments
- kernel-core package is well-suited for virtualized environments instead of kernel-module package because its small size.
- You are allowed to add zFCP storage devices in Manual Partitioning screen
- inst.dnf boot option has been replaced by the inst.nodnf which will help you to use old package manager YUM instead of DNF
- XFS as a Default File System for Fedora Server, Other variants (Workstation, Cloud) continue to use ext4 as a default
- XFS is a highly scalable, high-performance file system that supports file systems up to 16 exabytes (approximately 16 million terabytes)
- The Elasticsearch indexing server has been integrated into the updates repository in Fedora 22.
- GNOME 3.16
- KDE 5
- XFCE 4.12
- LXQt 0.9.0 (LXQt is the Qt port and the upcoming version of LXDE)
- Included Qtile 0.9.1 window manager
- BIND 9.10
- Unicode 7.0 Support
- Perl 5.20
- Ruby 2.2
- Python 2.4
- Fedora 22 included wxPython 3
- Gradle 2.2
- Git 2.4.1
- GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) 5
- GHC Haskell compiler has been updated to version 7.8
- Django 1.8
- For more details, about release notes
- For more details, about release announcement
What’s new in Fedora Cloud
Fedora 22 Cloud edition has a number of interesting updates that should be exciting for users and developers.
What’s new in Fedora Server
What’s new in Fedora Workstation
The Fedora Workstation product provides an easy to use, powerful environment for developers and Desktop users.
That’s it as of now, will come with Fedora 22 upgrade using fedup method.