Released Linux Lite 3.0 with Arc GTK Theme
Jerry announced the release of Linux Lite 3.0 on
May 31, 2016 based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with lot of Changes & improvements. This release included new Login Manager, new Boot Theme, Lite Software has had an overhaul, new System Theme (Arc), (Lite Info), Folder access from the Menu and Upgrades are now automated and seamless in Series 3. In addition, there has been a lot of bug fixes and adjustments since the Beta release.
Linux Lite 3.0 Download Link
- Linux Lite 3.0 32-bit
- Linux Lite 3.0 64-bit
- Linux Lite 3.0 32-bit Torrent
- Linux Lite 3.0 64-bit Torrent
By default systemd excluded, if you want to install, run the below command on terminal.
$ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install systemd-manager -y
Changes on Linux Lite 3.0
- Lite Software : Lite Software has had an overhaul, added icons which will help users to identify the software’s easily with images. Also select multiple programs to install by holding down Ctrl or Shift. Added additional software such as Audacity (audio editor), Calibre (eBook reader and manager) and Pinta (Windows Paint.Net look-a-like)
- Folders access from the Menu : Another community suggestion that fits perfectly with those transitioning from Windows
- Share Hardware Configuration (Lite Info) : The purpose of the Linux Lite Hardware Database, is to give people an idea of different computer configurations from within a Linux Lite Series. With this new addition they have 600+ submissions, (1800+ computers in total since the beginning).
- Tray Icons : User can easily put back their tray icon by either running ‘volti’ from the Menu or logging out/in again, if we deleted the item accidentally from Tray
- New Theme : Added popular Arc theme which looks great & regularly maintained. You have option to choose there variants Arc, Arc-Dark and Arc-Darker. Firefox also carries the Arc theme in the aforementioned 3 options.
- New Login Screen : The new login screen added and Login Screen is now keyboard navigable. Press Tab (for the login box) and F10 (for the Shutdown/Reboot menu). You can also now customize the Login screen. Open the Menu and type in ‘lightd’ and select LightDM GTK+ Greeter settings.
- Lite Themes : A new package added which help users to manage themes, icons, mouse themes and wallpapers
- Lite Upgrade : Users will receive Lite Upgrades automatically which will help users to upgrade Linux Lite to own series 3.x. This has to be one of the most streamlined upgrades for any LTS distro.
- New Boot Theme : Updated to new look, prompt to eject DVD or USB now appears at the end of the installation.
- Less PPA’s : only added these PPA’s Gimp, Wine and System back
- Google Software : Due to big challenging issue with Google Software, No Google products will appear in Lite Software for the entirety of Series 3. They are planning to reintroducing Google software in Lite Software in Series 4
- UEFI : There is no support for UEFI on Linux Lite Series 3
- Kernel : Ported with Latest Linux Kernel
- Games Menu : Dropped in Series 3. Steam is now installable via Lite Software for both 32bit and 64bit.
- Default Wallpaper : The default Final wallpaper represents the colors of gem codename – Citrine accompanied by the Linux Lite logo.
- ISO Size : Software grows in size, it happens with time even though they made best
- Firefox 46.0
- Thunderbird 38.7.2
- LibreOffice 184.108.40.206
- VLC – 2.2.2
- Gimp 2.8.16
Screen Shots Tour
See below few Screen Shots from Linux Lite 3.0.