Install Xtreme Download Manager (XDMAN) 5.0 on Linux
Xtreme Download Manager often called XDM & XDMAN is a Free, open-source, Superfast, advanced and powerful download manager & video grabber which is increase download speed up-to 500%. It uses sophisticated dynamic segmentation algorithm, data compression and connection reuse to speed up the download process.
- We can easily integrate with any browsers such as Microsoft Edge, Firefox,Chrome,Internet Explorer,Opera,Safari, etc…,
- Download files at maximum possible speed. ( 5-6 times faster )
- Resumes broken/dead downloads caused by connection problem,power failure or session expiration
- capture videos from YouTube, Metacafe, DailyMotion, Google Video or any other website and schedule downloads.
- Xtreme Download Manager supports HTTP, HTTPS and FTP protocols, firewalls, proxy servers, automatic proxy scripts, file redirects, cookies, authorization etc.
- XDM also provides a built in YouTube downloader to download videos without any browser integration.
- Smart Scheduler, Speed limiter and queued downloads
1) Install Xtreme Download Manager in Ubuntu based Linux distros
We can easily install Xtreme Download Manager in Ubuntu based Linux distros using noobslab PPA.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/apps $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install xdman
2) Install Xtreme Download Manager in Debian based Linux distros
We can easily install Xtreme Download Manager in Debian based Linux distros using deb package.
$ sudo wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdman/files/xdman.deb $ sudo dpkg -i xdman.dep
3) Install Xtreme Download Manager in Linux distros
We can easily install Xtreme Download Manager in All Linux distros using source archive package.
$ sudo wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdman/files/xdm-jre-64bit.tar.xz $ sudo tar -xvf xdm-jre-64bit.tar.xz $ cd xdm $ sudo ./xdm