Manjaro Linux 15.12 Release notes & Upgrade steps
After almost three months of development Manjaro team proudly announce the availability of Manjaro 15.12 on December 23, 2015 and code name is Capella. Manjaro team spend tones of time on Manjaro tools & graphical installer development to make Manjaro as a seamless cutting edge Linux OS. Manjaro 15.12 ships with XFCE 4.12, KDE Plasma 5.5, 4.1.0 LTS kernel and all the usual Manjaro and upstream updates.
What’s New in manjaro 15.12
- kcm module of Manjaro-Settings got reworked
- several enhancements to Pamac and Octopi
- optimizations and fixes to Manjaro-Tools
- a lvm issue was fixed within Thus
- KDE Apps got updated to 15.12
- Virtualbox Upgraded to 5.0.12
- mesa upgraded to 11.0.8
- wine 1.8
- Included RC kernel 4.4-rc6
- Deepin desktop 2015
- Plasma 5 fixes
- Fixes samba-share thunar plugin.
- manjaro 15.12 release notes
- manjaro Linux Download link
Note : 1) Don’t forget to take backup of your important/valuable data. If something goes wrong we will install freshly and restore the data.
2) Upgrade will take time based on your Internet connection
1) Checking the current version of my Desktop
2) How to Upgrade Manjaro to latest version
Use the below commands to upgrade your system from Manjaro 15.09 to 15.12
# Update all the packages to latest version and OS # $ sudo pacman -Syu
3) Checking the upgraded version of my Desktop
See my upgraded desktop version in the below snapshot.
Now, Everybody in Manjaro 15.12…Enjoy…)