cPanel/WHM 54 release notes and upgrade steps
cPanel is best and No.1 web hosting control panel for Linux environment, which will help administrator to manage everything via future rich GUI without headache. when you are hosting a domain name, it will automatically add all the entries such as Creating account on server, home directory, DNS zone, adding to exim, adding to database, ftp, etc.. and this can’t possible on normal server and we need to create everything manually, it’s too hard. Also we can’t manage bulk domains (1000+) in manual server. cPanel Inc proudly announced the new release of cPanel/WHM 54 on January 26, 2016 with few new features and updated all the softwares to latest version.
What’s New in cPanel/WHM 54
- They dropped the usual version number “11” from cPanel & WHM releases.
- New utility scripts added /scripts/restartsrv_cpipv6 which will help us to add the IPV6 to network device when its removed from service network restart command
- External authentication through cPanelID & WHMCS, you can configure this (Home >> Security Center >> Manage External Authentications), ports 2083, 2087, and 2096 for External Authentication
- New Call method for API privilege escalation
- Added Support for PHP-FPM
- Possible to Suspend and unsuspend email accounts (Suspension prevents logins and access to a mail account, and it rejects any incoming mail to the account)
- New subdomain tweak settings
- Added Batch::strict function which allows you to combine multiple UAPI calls into a single call.
- Added new API for Remote package account for transfers
- Added SRS (Sender Rewriting Scheme) support
- New notification templates
- cPanel & WHM now supports TLS 1.2
- When perform cPnale upgrade, whoever using other themes on cPanel, it will automatically update to Paper Lantern theme
- New interfaces for the Paper Lantern theme
- Two-Factor Authentication
- upgraded MariaDB to version 10.1
- Additional cPHulk options & Updated MultiPHP Manager & MultiPHPINI Editor
Just fire the below command to upgrade cPanel/WHM to 54.
# /scripts/upcp or # /scripts/upcp --force
Alternatively you can perform the same via GUI, Home >> cPanel >> Upgrade to Latest Version then Hit Click to Upgrade button.
Enjoy with new feature of cPanel/WHM.