Neptune 4.4 Release notes & Upgrade steps
Neptune project proudly announced the general availability of Neptune 4.4, on July 18, 2015. Neptune is based on Debian distribution. This is the fourth service release of Neptune 4. This release comes with New LTS Kernel + New GraphicsstackDe to support all latest/new/modern hardwares. This brings in support for modern graphiccards and better 3D performance. The foundation of this release is represented by the current Debian 8.0 (‘Jessie’).
What’s new in Neptune 4.4
- Neptune Installer support UTF-8 chars in usernames
- Support formatting, partitions with btrfs-tools 3.17
- Kdenlive now can stabilize videos using the vid.stab extension
- improved the user interface with modern looking font aswell as bigger scrollbars.
- Chromium 43
- dpkg 1.18
- Added new application called KDE Volume which is capable to perform LVM Partition
- Updated hplip (better hp printer support)
- Included vid.stab extension in kdenlive
- Made wheezy-backports higher prio than wheezy
- Added kvpm
- neptune-base 4.0.9
- Updated flashplayers (ppapi & npapi) to latest versions
- Kernel 3.18.16
- Curl 2.38
- Upgraded grub2 (Better support for xfs boot + Better UEFI support)
- Upgraded to clang-3.5 / llvm-3.5
- Upgraded Mesa 10.5.8
- Upgraded to XServer 1.17
- Updated calibre in repo
- Upgraded openssl to 1.0.2d (LogJam Fix)
- Neptune 4.4 release notes
- Neptune 4.4 change log
- Neptune OS Download link
Note : 1) Don’t forget to take backup of your important/valuable data. If something goes wrong we will install freshly and restore the data.
2) Upgrade will take time based on your Internet connection
How to Upgrade Neptune to latest version
Use the below commands to upgrade your system from Neptune 4.3 to 4.4.
# Update repository list # [email protected]:~$ sudo apt-get update # Update all the packages to latest version and OS # [email protected]:~$ sudo apt-get upgrade
Now, Everybody in Neptune OS 4.4…Enjoy…)