LXLE 14.04.2 installation steps with screenshots
LXLE is based on Lubuntu which is an Ubuntu OS using the LXDE desktop environment. It is designed to be a drop-in and go OS, primarily for aging computers. After installation, i have worked more then 4 hours. It’s very very lightweight awesome lightweight distribution. LXLE stands for Lubuntu Extra Life Extension. Amazing…..handsoff the development team….cooooooool.. Here i’m going to show how to install LXLE 14.04.2 with detailed screen shots.
LXLE 14.04.2 & 12.04.5 Download link
- Download LXLE 12.04.5 32-bit ISO
- Download LXLE 14.04.2 64-bit ISO
1) Booting Computer with LXLE installation media.
2) LXLE installation
3) Choose Your Installation Method
4) Date & Time Selection
5) Keyboard layout Selection
6) Personalise your installation
7) Installation under process
8) Installation Completed
9) LXLE login screen
10) LXLE home screen
11) Linux Lite version checking
See the below screenshot, I’m using latest version of LXLE 14.04.2.
Applications menu screen shot.
I can give you 100% assurance to this desktop as a lightweight distribution in linux compared with other distro. You can also try once and update the feedback.