Linux Mint 17 (Qiana) Cinnamon Desktop installation steps with Screenshot
Linux Mint team released Linux Mint 17 (Qiana) on May 31st 2014 and the new project code name is Qiana with Cinnamon 2.2.16. In this article I’m going to install Linux Mint 17 (Qiana) Cinnamon Desktop installation with detailed steps and Screen shots. Linux Mint 17 is based on Ubuntu 14.04.
Linux Mint team Officially announced Linux Mint 17 (Qiana) Desktop long term support release which will be continued until 2019. So you will get security updates Linux Mint 17 until 2019, They wont start any development work further for new release until 2016. If they do any development work, they planned to use the same package base as Linux Mint 17.
- Burned CD/DVD or USB or ISO image
- 32/64 bit processor
- Minimum 512 MB of RAM
- 5 GB Disk Space
- Graphics card recommended
New features in Linux Mint 17 (Qiana) Cinnamon
Linux Mint 17 was released with lot of new features.
- Lots improvement in Update Manager
- MDM 1.6
- Linux kernel 3.13
- Update Manager UI improved
- Update Manager Icon style changed
- In Update Manager the new coloum added type which can differentiate updates status (traditional updates, security updates, backports and romeo updates)
- You can install Driver from Driver Manager without Internet connection
- Multi-monitor support was improved
- Language Settings tools added to support more languages
- Software Sources UI is improved
- Cinnamon 2.2.16
- Hexchat replaces Xchat as the default IRC client
- shutdown sequence was fixed and with many new features For complete change log
- Linux Mint official home page
- Linux Mint 17 Qiana all release note
Download Linux Mint 17 (Qiana) images
There are multiple desktop flavours available for download.
- Download Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 32-bit ISO
- Download Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 64-bit ISO
- Download Linux Mint 17 MATE 32-bit ISO
- Download Linux Mint 17 MATE 64-bit ISO
- Download Linux Mint 17 KDE 32-bit ISO
- Download Linux Mint 17 KDE 64-bit ISO
- Download Linux Mint 17 Xfce 32-bit ISO
- Download Linux Mint 17 Xfce 64-bit ISO
1) Booting Computer with Linux Mint 17 installation media.
Boot your computer with Linux Mint 17 installation media like (Burned CD/DVD or USB or ISO image). It will display below screen
After booting,from your installation media it will display the below screen.
2) Click install linux mint icon
3) Language Selection
4) Preparing to Install Linux Mint
5) Installation Type
This step is important one but simple. For Fresh installation choose first option Erase disk and install Ubuntu as it will erase hole disk and create partition table automatically then move forward. If you choose fourth option Something else and it will also erase hole disk but need to create partition table manually yourself then hit Install Now button
Its fresh installation, so I’m choosing first option and hit Install Now
6) Choose your location
7) Keyboard layout Selection
8) Create new user and password
9) Installation initiated
10) Installation process is on-going
11) Installation got Completed.
12) Linux mint 17 login screen
13) Linux mint 17 (Qiana) Desktop screen
Linux mint 17 (Qiana) Desktop screen and play with new Ubuntu. Close the welcome screen and enjoy it.
Linux mint 17 (Qiana) Cinnamon Desktop screen.
We are preparing all articles in-depth to understand by all level/stage Linux administrators. If the article is useful for you, then please spend less than a minute to share your valuable comments in our commenting section.
Please stay tune with us…Good Luck.