Kali Linux 1.1.0 Release notes and upgrade steps
Kali Linux (formally BackTrack Linux) based on Debian distribution with special software tools for penetration testing and forensic analysis. After almost two years of public development, Kali Linux projects proudly announced the first point release of Kali Linux 1.1.0 on February 9, 2015 with major bug fixes and features.
What’s New in Kali Linux 1.1.0
- Built with Kernel 3.18 with patches for wireless injection attacks.
- Our ISO build systems are now running off live-build 4.x.
- Improved wireless driver support, due to both kernel and firmware upgrades.
- NVIDIA Optimus hardware support.
- Updated virtualbox-tool & openvm-tools
- And most importantly, they changed grub screens and wallpapers
- This release brings with it a mix of unprecedented hardware support as well as rock solid stability.
- Kali Linux 1.1.0 release notes
Kali Linux Features
- Full customization of Kali ISOs with live-build allowing you to create your own Kali Linux images
- Build a self installing, reverse VPN auto-connecting, network bridging Kali image – for the perfect hardware backdoor.
- Evil Wireless Access Point
- Live USB persistence with LUKS encryption
- Live USB with multiple persistence stores
- LUKS Full Disk Encryption (FDE)
- Nuking your Kali Linux hard disk with the Kali LUKS nuke option
- Mastering Kali Linux tool sets with Kali Metapackages
- Kali Amazon EC2 images available
- Kali Linux accessibility features for visually impaired users
- Automating Kali Linux deployment via Unattended PXE installations
- Kali supports over a dozen different ARM devices and common hardware
- Kali Linux Features
Bug fixes in Kali Linux 1.1.0
- 58 Bugs fixed in this release
- Known issues 61 (8-Major, 52-Minor, 1-feature request)
- Fixed Virtualbox Module Fail issue
- lsb_release was returning a codename of “n/a” was solved
- gqrx installation issue fixed
- For detailed information about 58 bugs
Note : 1) Don’t forget to take backup of your important/valuable data. If something goes wrong we will install freshly and restore the data.
2) Kali Linux Upgrade will take 1-2 Hours
Kali Linux 1.1.0 Download link
- Download Kali Linux 1.1.0 32-bit ISO – (3.1 GB)
- Download Kali Linux 1.1.0 64-bit ISO – (3.0 GB)
- Download Kali Linux 1.1.0 32-bit Minimal ISO – (28 MB)
- Download Kali Linux 1.1.0 64-bit Minimal ISO – (28 MB)
1) Checking Current Kali Linux Version
2) Kali Linux Upgrade
Use the below commands to upgrade your existing operating system to latest version of Kali Linux 1.1.0.
# Update repository list # [email protected] [~]# sudo apt-get update # Upgrade Operating System # [email protected] [~]# sudo apt-get dist-upgrade