Fedora 20 (Heisenbug) Desktop installation steps with Screenshots
Fedora project team released Fedora 20 on December 17th 2013 and the new project code name is Heisenbug with Gnome 3.10. In this article I’m going to install Fedora 20 GNOME based Desktop installation with detailed steps and Screenshots. The procedure is same for all the Fedora flavours.
- Burned CD/DVD or ISO image
- 1 GHz processor or faster
- Minimum 1 GB of RAM
- 10 GB Disk Space
Features in Fedora 20
Fedora 20 was released with lots of new features.
- MongoDB updated to version 2.4
- Default Mail Servers (sendmail) were removed
- syslogd instead of syslog
- Two unit types were added, scope and slice.
- Cinnamon updated to version 2.0
- Better edge tiling & Snapping
- Fun and customizable sound effects
- Lot of new google Fonts were added
- Unicode 6.2 is supported.
- boost has been upgraded to version 1.54.0
- Ruby on rails version 4.0 was included
- Added VPD support via vpd2vcd.
- Added support for SV structures, unions, classes, packages, programs, and interfaces.
- Improvements to ADIF logging
- Improved user interface for Contacts
- Improved automatic scaling for high pixel density displays
- Flikr integration with GNOME Online Accounts
- GNOME Documents support for OwnCloud
- GNOME 3.10
- With many new features and improvements Change log For more details
- For more details, Visit Fedora Homepage
Download Fedora 20 (Heisenbug) images
There are multiple desktop flavours available for download.
- Download Fedora 20 32-bit DVD ISO
- Download Fedora 20 64-bit DVD ISO
- Download Fedora 20 GNOME 32-bit ISO
- Download Fedora 20 GNOME 64-bit ISO
- Download Fedora 20 KDE 32-bit ISO
- Download Fedora 20 KDE 64-bit ISO
- Download Fedora 20 LXDE 32-bit ISO
- Download Fedora 20 LXDE 64-bit ISO
- Download Fedora 20 Xfce 32-bit ISO
- Download Fedora 20 Xfce 64-bit ISO
- Download Fedora 20 MATE-Compiz 32-bit ISO
- Download Fedora 20 MATE-Compiz 64-bit ISO
- Download Fedora 20 SoaS 32-bit ISO
- Download Fedora 20 SoaS 64-bit ISO
- Download all Fedora 20 32-bit ISO
- Download all Fedora 20 64-bit ISO
1) Booting Computer with Fedora 20 installation media.
Boot your computer with Fedora 20 installation media like (Burned CD/DVD or ISO image). Choose Start Fedora Live and hit Enter to initiate the Fedora 20 installation or else it will start automatically within few seconds.
2) Starting Fedora 20 live
3) Choosing Hard Drive
4) Language Selection
5) Installation Summary
6) location and date/time Selection
7) Keyboard layout Selection
8) Installation destination Selection
9) Network Configuration Selection
Choose your Network Configuration (Give hostname) here, then hit Done button which is showing at topmost LEFT
After done Installation Summary steps, hit the Begin Installation button to start installation
10) Set Root Password
11) Create new user
12) Installation process is on-going
13) Installation got Completed.
14) Reboot the system
15) Fedora 20 Boot menu
16) Booting Fedora 20
17) Fedora 20 login screen
18) Gnome Initial Setup
19) Gnome Input Source
20) Gnome Online Accounts
21) Gnome Initial Setup completed
22) Fedora 20 (Heisenbug) Desktop screen
Fedora 20 (Heisenbug) Desktop screen shot.
We are preparing all articles in-depth to understand by all level/stage Linux administrators. If the article is useful for you, then please spend less than a minute to share your valuable comments in our commenting section.
Please stay tune with us…Good Luck.