Elementary OS 0.3.1 Release notes & Upgrade steps
Elementary project proudly announced the general availability of Elementary OS 0.3.1 and code name Freya, on September 04, 2015. After just a few months, they are announce a major upgrade for elementary OS Freya! This new version 0.3.1 closes about 200 reports and brings new features, tons of fixes, better hardware support, visual polish, and enhanced translations.
What’s new in Elementary OS 0.3.1
- This release gives better hardware support
- Linux Kernel 3.19
- Mesa 10.5.9
- So far, elementary OS has been downloaded an 5 million times (estimated)
- This upgrade Mainly adopat with the latest Hardware Enablement stack from Ubuntu 14.04.3.
- The new hardware stack brings better support for backlights and touchpads on certain laptops
- support for 5th generation Intel processors
- improved support for (U)EFI systems
- Midori 0.5.11 several crashes fixed
- Language & Region pane has been redesigned
- Geary (0.10) email app added
- this release included 1,300 fixes including new features
- Elementary 0.3.1 release notes
Note : 1) Don’t forget to take backup of your important/valuable data. If something goes wrong we will install freshly and restore the data.
2) Upgrade will take time based on your internet connection
1) Checking the current version of my Desktop
2) How to Upgrade Elementary OS to latest version
Use the below commands to upgrade your system from Elementary OS 0.3.0 to 0.3.1
# Update all the packages to latest version and OS # [email protected]:~$ sudo apt-get update && apt-get upgrade