Debian wheezy upgrade from 7.7 To 7.8
The Debian project was pleased to announce the Eight update of its stable distribution Debian 7.8 (codename “wheezy”) on January 10th, 2015. This update mainly adds corrections for security problems to the stable release of Debian 7, along with adjustments for few serious problems.
Bugfixes & Security Updates on Debian 7.8 wheezy
- mod_headers vulnerability Was removed from apache2
- A new directive “MergeTrailers” is introduced to restore the old behavior.
- Fixed hostname comparison with SNI to be case insensitive.
- Add Conflicts/Replaces: mybashburn to resolve a file conflict.
- Changed /etc/debian_version to 7.8, for Debian 7.8 point release.
- clamav bug was fixed
- Fixed implicit declaration warnings.
- Add 4 new symbols to libclamav6.symbols.
- Add patches to support LLVM 3.5.
- dbus daemon starting issue was resolved
- Add archive signing keys for Jessie
- Security updates were added to apache2,clamav, apt, digikam, enigmail, icedove, iceweasel, openssl, mysql-5.5, pidgin, drupal7, php5, wget, curl, dbus, bind9, unzip, sox
- For complete change log of Wheezy 7.8
- For Debian 7.8 release notes
Note : 1) Don’t forget to take backup of your important/valuable data. If something goes wrong we will install freshly and restore the data.
2) Debian Upgrade will take 15-30 Mins
1) Checking Current Debian Version
Use the below command to check your Current Debian version.
[email protected]:~$ lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Debian Description: Debian GNU/Linux 7.7 (wheezy) Release: 7.7 Codename: wheezy
2) How to Upgrade Debian from 7.7 wheezy To 7.8 wheezy
Use the below commands to upgrade your system from Debian 7.7 wheezy To 7.8 wheezy.
# Update repository list # [email protected]:~$ sudo apt-get update # Update all the packages to latest version # [email protected]:~$ sudo apt-get upgrade # Upgrade your OS version # [email protected]:~$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
3) Checking Debian Version
Use the below command to check your upgraded Debian version.
[email protected]:~$ lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Debian Description: Debian GNU/Linux 7.8 (wheezy) Release: 7.8 Codename: wheezy