Cinnamon 3.2 : Improved hardware support
Cinnamon 3.2 supports iio-sensor-proxy, which able to auto-rotate to respond to orientation changes.
Cinnamon 3.2 : Vertical panels
Cinnamon 3.2 : Other new features
Here are more new features which were introduced in Cinnamon 3.2
- The sound applet can now control multiple players and switch between them.
- The application menu now features full keyboard navigation (and performance improvements)
- When seeking help, you can upload your system information on the Internet, from the “System Settings” -> “Info” screen.
- In the Nemo preferences, you can enable an option which goes to the parent folder when you double-click an empty area
Xed : New search bar
Xed is a text editor which was developed by Linux Mint team and added as a default text editor since Linux Mint 18, now getting brand new search bar in bottom.
The search finds results while you are typing and you can jump from one result to the next by pressing Enter. It’s much easier and faster compare with dialog box search.
Xplayer : Monitor blanking
When you are playing a video in full screen on dual monitor, press the “Blank Other Monitors” button to turn it black the unused one. This feature is available, if you plug an external monitor with laptop too.
Input Methods configuration tool was completely redesigned and more user friendly now. Users can choose a descried language and rest tool will take care, i mean the tool installs the appropriate input methods for it.
- The MDM display manager, which is responsible for the login screen, received many technical improvements.
- Banshee media player was replaced with Rhythmbox due to lack of development upstream.
- “folder-color-switcher” now supports, so you can modify the color of your folders even if you’re using Mint-Y or Mint-X-Dark.